Alright Gang! Let’s talk nutrition. Yes…. AGAIN. Most of us in the gym are looking to lose weight or look a certain way. How do we get there? Well exercise is part of the puzzle, but what is the rest? Research shows that sleep is just as important as exercise when it comes to losing weight, but the real way to change our body composition is through our nutrition. 80% of weight loss comes from our nutrition.
So, what should our diet look like? A truly effective diet means changing your lifestyle, not following a fad diet. Doing a restrictive diet for 24-30 days then going back to old habits will never yield the results we are looking to achieve, and that’s why 80-97% of the people who lose weight will regain it within the first five years.
To ensure we aren’t part of that statistic, let’s set ourselves up for success by following these nutrition tips.
- Avoid processed and fast food
- Focus on whole foods
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store.
- Eat ATLEAST 3 meals / day following the plate method:
- 1/2 plate of non-starchy (veggies)
- 1/4 plate of Starch (potatoes / rice / etc.)
- 1/4 plate of Protein (meats)
- Don’t replace real food with supplements or food products
- Get into a good routine of eating consistently and not skipping meals
- Drink Water
The last thing that is crucial for losing weight is accountability. Our community is great for accountability because everyone is trying to be healthy, but if you need additional guidance to keep you on track, our Nutrition Program is right for you! We will track your progress and give you action steps to elicit behavioral change so when you lose weight you don’t gain it back.
See You In Class,